As a child growing up, I was overwhelmed by quotes and quotations .
Best ones for kids which you can hang at home or write on a board:
- Time and Tide waits for none
- Boldness has genius , power and magic in it. – Goethe
- Failure is the stepping stone for success.
- Do the right thing even when no one is looking.
- Follow your dream.
- Hard work is the mother of success.
- Miracles do happen.
- Believe in Yourself.
- Stay Positive, optimism is the foundation for courage.
Technology education is a need in the current world. If the mother is not technically educated its a challenge to teach them the coding world. Below are some resources to start with:
- Raz-kids – This is a online reading system used by most American schools for improving the kids reading skill. It has a read, listen to the reading and quiz sections. It also helps you move up the level as you finish one. http://www.raz-kids.com/
- Typing – Edutyping.com is a website used by most skills to improve the basic typing.
- W3schools.org – To understand the basics of technology like HTML.
Will be covering more on coding skill development for kids in the subsequent posts. Stay tuned.
On this day , let us remember love can change the children to any extent. Thinking that your mom and dad love you more than anything is the best feeling for any child.
- Look into their eyes at least twice a day when you speak to them. Especially when they wake up, give a hug and a warm pat. Same when they get to bed. Look into their eyes when you emphasize a rule .
- How we emotionally control ourselves from outbursts is a learning for them. When very upset with your spouse , how you react is the key. Remember those tiny eyes are watching you.
- How you treat your grandparents is very important,they know its your mom and dad. You can expect the same back when you are old.
- Try not to gossip or complaint about your closest kith and kin in front of children.
- Bond emotionally with them, no gifts can make this happen. Only pure love.
- When your kid is talking to you , never look at a television or phone. They know the kind of importance they are getting.
- Emotional intelligence is very important in their life. They will come across failures, desperation and breakups. How they grow up as a child will give them the thought process to hope and solve these problems.
Love & Trust can do wonders in these young hearts. Love with all your heart.
Evolution is a very important concept. We all have a story from our religion of how we came into existence.
Kids always ask – How did humans originate ? Where we came from ? Why we live in house ?
Science plays a primary part, start with the below sequence to your kids:
- Big Bang Theory
- Reference linkhttps://www.esa.int/esaKIDSen/SEMSZ5WJD1E_OurUniverse_0.html
- Charles Darwin’s “Survival of Fittest Theory”
- Reference link http://www.bbc.co.uk/timelines/zq8gcdm
- Life of ancestors
- Invention of wheel
- Reference Link – http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/a-salute-to-the-wheel-31805121/
Camping is the best experience closest to stone age.
Truth – We are still evolving , may be we all will become robots 🙂
Weekends are the best time to relax with your kids . How can we inspire them ? .And ourselves get inspired as well. Watch the below Space movies:
- Apollo 13 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112384/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
- Gravity http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112384/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
- Interstellar http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Along with NASA mission statement for Apollo 13:
Read about the real life crew to complete the education process:
Watch for the words in the movie :
“Failure is not an option”
“No superstition only facts”
If you need to spend some time with your kids. Book time is the best way. Books help the kids learn and have fun. Some books that you should read is Click , Ask, Spider, National Geographic Kids, Highlights and much more. Also book time can be with every grade level students. You can even spend time with high schooler.
A snow moon , lunar eclipse and a comet all in one evening Feb 10 2017, EST 6:14 PM .
Live stream available through Slooh:
Its that time of the year when I train my kids with spelling bee. Spelling bee has its benefits to improve vocabulary and memory. Apart from winning participating is a learning in itself. Below is a spelling bee contest happening around March and April.
By NorthSouth Foundation:
If not Spelling you can try , Math bee, Vocabulary bee, Science Bee, Geography Bee, Essay Writing, Brain Bee,Public Speaking
Registration cost is 35 US Dollars per bee.
How to prepare:
Practical knowledge is the key, build structures with lego. Do tinkering give them recycle products like plastic bottles, card boards and build things together. Digital time will never give them practical knowledge.
Create a space for building with recycle materials, Lego, Screws, Nut & bolt, hammer, protective eye glasses and loads of time. This could be your garage or living room or basement. Keep it accessible, kids will surprise you their creation.
Other ideas to learn to build outside home:
- Store events in PotteryBarn, http://www.potterybarnkids.com/customer-service/store-events.html
- Monthly build program in Lego stores- https://shop.lego.com/en-US/minibuild-registration
Mystery why Sunflower turns towards the sun has been solved in the below video. Young Sunflower grows its stem on east side during the day making the flower to turn towards Sun.During night the stem grows on west side of the plant causing the flower to turn other way. The cycle happens everyday.